The proprietors of Carleton Avenue Grocery believe in a great tasting food - and they have food allergies! Always cooking up something scrumptious in the kitchenette at the store, here is where they will share their best creations to date.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. sugar
1 egg white
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Yield: 15 – 20 cookies
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir until the eggs are thoroughly combined with the other ingredients.
2. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 15 minutes. Turn the oven to 350 degrees F to preheat.
4. Scoop the chilled cookie dough into small balls using a normal eating-sized spoon. Place the cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
5. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for around 15 minutes. You want to take them out once the tops are getting brown. The cookies may still seem a bit soft at this point, but they will harden as they cool.
6. Let the cookies cool for 10 – 15 minutes and then serve with a glass of cold (soy) milk!
Open 7 days a week!
WEEKDAYS: 9:00am - 8:00pm
SATURDAY: 11:00am - 6:00pm
SUNDAY: 1:00pm - 6:00pm